The Omba Moderate Risk Global Allocation Fund is a globally diverse fund which invests using Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) across both equity and fixed income markets. The Fund has flexibility to reduce or increase its equity weighting based on market conditions and applies a valuation-based approach to tactically overweight and underweight countries and sectors using ETFs. The Fund is a great building block for investors who want diverse, low-cost exposure to different asset classes, countries, sectors and currencies – which is becoming ever more important in an uncertain world.
download the fund brochure
why invest with us?
We pride ourselves as a firm on our business values which include: Fairness, Clients’ Needs First, Avoid (or disclose) Conflicts of Interest, Aligned Interests, Transparency, Passion for Investing, Embrace Technology and Integrity.
The Omba Fund can serve as a single investment solution for your savings needs. It is available in three currency classes (GBP, EUR, USD) and is invested into both Equities and Fixed Income ETFs. As a unitised fund it can serve as a single solution for investment into a diverse mix of ETFs, thus potentially helping you reduce trading and administration costs and tax charges associated with owning the positions or ETFs directly and separately yourself.
An important element of long-term portfolio performance is keeping the costs contained as the fees incurred through the investment process can massively impact the return. The Fund has no performance, no entry and no exit fees and the Total Expense Ratio (TER), including all underlying ETF costs, custody, dealing and administration is capped at 0.80% making it one of the most competitively priced actively managed UCITS funds available.
The fund is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS) fund. UCITS is an EU wide regulatory framework that creates a harmonised regime throughout Europe for the management and sale of mutual funds. It provides for stringent controls to ensure investors assets are held and managed securely.
Two very important aspects of our investment process include: 1) tactically shifting equity exposures into countries and sectors which show value; reducing or increasing bond duration or credit risk depending on the macro climate and interest rate outlook; 2) monitoring and rebalancing the portfolio to target weightings using a combination of quarterly and percentage of portfolio rebalancing. This can help ensure that we buy low and sell high as bonds and equities can perform differently at varying stages of the economic cycle.
At the core of our investment process is diversification! We are diversified by region, country, sector and currency. There are over 2500 underlying companies and over 2500 underlying bonds within the ETFs and no single company makes up more than 1% of the equity component of the portfolio. This means a Lehman Brothers, Enron or Worldcom (or Woodford!) scandal would not cause the fund meaningful loss. Idiosyncratic risk is extremely low.
The Fund has daily dealing meaning subscriptions and redemptions can be made on any Irish business day (ie except weekends and Irish public holidays). All the underlying ETFs can be sold immediately with cash available to the Fund 2 days later. All ETFs into which we invest are checked upfront for credibility and one of the key checks we perform is ensuring liquidity of the ETFs and the underlying holdings represented therein.
explore our fund diversification
- BONDS BREAKDOWN
- 1.5% Emerging Market Fixed Income
- 3.4% Cash and Cash Equivalents
- 6.3% High Yield Fixed Income
- 46.1% Investment Grade Fixed Income
- EQUITY BREAKDOWN
- Emerging Market Equity 5.5%
- Developed Americas Equity 11.2%
- Developed Asia Pacific Equity 11.9%
- Developed Europe, Middle East and Africa Equity 14.17%
get started today
2021 Q1 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||12th April 2021||View|
2021 March Factsheet
||Factsheets||8th April 2021||View|
2021 February Factsheet
||Factsheets||8th March 2021||View|
2021 January Factsheet
||Factsheets||5th February 2021||View|
2020 Q4 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||11th January 2021||View|
2020 December Factsheet
||Factsheets||8th January 2021||View|
2020 November Factsheet
||Factsheets||5th December 2020||View|
2020 October Factsheet
||Factsheets||5th November 2020||View|
2020 Q3 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||6th October 2020||View|
2020 September Factsheet
||Factsheets||3rd October 2020||View|
2020 August Factsheet
||Factsheets||4th September 2020||View|
2020 July Factsheet
||Factsheets||7th August 2020||View|
2020 Q2 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||7th July 2020||View|
2020 June Factsheet
||Factsheets||4th July 2020||View|
2020 May Factsheet
||Factsheets||4th June 2020||View|
2020 April Factsheet
||Factsheets||7th May 2020||View|
2020 Q1 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||7th April 2020||View|
2020 March Factsheet
||Factsheets||6th April 2020||View|
2020 February Factsheet
||Factsheets||6th March 2020||View|
2020 January Factsheet
||Factsheets||5th February 2020||View|
2019 Q4 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||13th January 2020||View|
2019 December Factsheet
||Factsheets||8th January 2020||View|
2019 November Factsheet
||Factsheets||11th December 2019||View|
2019 October Factsheet
||Factsheets||12th November 2019||View|
2019 Q3 MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||1st October 2019||View|
2019 September Factsheet
||Factsheets||1st October 2019||View|
2019 August Factsheet
||Factsheets||1st September 2019||View|
2019 August MDD
||Minimum Disclosure Documents||1st September 2019||View|
2019 July Factsheet
||Factsheets||1st August 2019||View|
|FT.com - OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||B||GBP||Distributing||IE00BJLPGW00||View|
|FT.com - OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||GBP||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGS63||View|
|FT.com - OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||EUR||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGR56||View|
|FT.com - OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||USD||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGQ40||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||EUR||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGR56||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||B||USD||Distributing||IE00BJLPGT70||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||B||GBP||Distributing||IE00BJLPGW00||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||B||EUR||Distributing||IE00BJLPGV92||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||USD||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGQ40||View|
|OMBA MODERATE RISK GLOBAL ALLOCATION FUND||A||GBP||Accumulating||IE00BJLPGS63||View|
||Fund Documents||10th March 2021||View|
UK Excess Reportable Income report 2020
||Tax||14th January 2021||View|
Swiss Extract Prospectus – Prescient Global Funds ICAV
||Fund Documents||3rd November 2020||View|
Omba Moderate Risk Allocation Fund Brochure
||Fund Documents||15th October 2020||View|
||Fund Documents||13th November 2019||View|
||Fund Documents||17th October 2019||View|
still have questions? no problem, check our faq's
- This website is intended for investors accessing it from within the United Kingdom and South Africa – if you are accessing the website outside these areas your local legislation may not permit us to offer products for you in your own country. If you choose to access the website from another jurisdiction you do so at your own risk and Omba will not be liable for any breach of local law or regulation that you commit as a result of doing so.
- The information available on this website is issued by Omba Advisory & Investments Ltd (“Omba”), Omba is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) ref number 775647. This information is a “financial promotion” within the scope of the rules of the FCA.
- Omba Advisory & Investments Limited is an authorised financial services provider (FSP No. 49101) in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, No.37 of 2002 (Republic of South Africa) and is subject to all FAIS regulations, including the General Code of Conduct.
- The site does not constitute investment advice based on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure whether the products are suitable for you please seek professional financial advice.
- Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. The value of investments, and the income from them, may fall or rise and investors may get back less than they invested.
- For further information on the fund’s investment policy and specific fund risk information, please refer to the Key Investor Information Document (KIID). The prospectus is also available on this site.